Architectural Specification Writer
SLM Architecture P.C.| Design Solutions Inc. is seeking an Architectural Specification Writer to work in our Mineola, NY Office. Candidates must have at least 10 years of full-time experience to lead the production of specifications and coordinate the integration into the construction documents. This individual will coordinate project specification deliverables and design guidelines throughout all phases of projects. The Specification Writer will be responsible for defining the quality of materials and workmanship, incorporating quality standards into construction and project documents.
Must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within the deadline. *Ability to produce a well-coordinated, detail-oriented, fully integrated Project, Manual. *Able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment supervised or independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering or equivalent in education or experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years in architectural practice with prior experience in specifications development.
- NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credentials required within 6 months of employment.
- Construction Specifications Institute Certification preferred.
- Preparing project specifications, enhancing master specifications and determining innovative ways to meet client needs through the construction specification delivery process.
- Assist project team members in resolving problems related to the use and installation of building materials and products that arise during design and construction phases.
- Comment on the proposed use of building products and materials, their suitability for the intended application, and alternative products when appropriate.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of local office standards, policies and procedures.
- Checks, coordinates and integrates work with other project team members.
- Assists in the set-up and coordination of the specifications on assigned projects, both within the group and with other disciplines.
- Provides oversight of specification deliverable schedule, acting as an internal liaison between project teams and the specifications group to assist in determining project deliverables and deadlines starting at project kick-off.
- *Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SLM Architecture P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by applicable law. SLM welcomes diversity in the workplace. SLM Architecture, P.C. will make reasonable accommodation in the application process for applicants with disabilities, as required by applicable law. Please contact the Office Manager at the Mineola, NY Office to request accommodations.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining your compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural Specification Writer Position
SLM is committed to continual professional development for the benefit of the client, the project, and the community by providing: