SLM Architecture P.C.| Design Solutions Inc. is seeking a Construction Administration Architect to work in our Mineola, NY location. Candidates are responsible for the Architectural management of multiple projects during the construction phase including site visits, submittal reviews, RFI responses, payment application reviews, contractor Change Order reviews, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and punch lists. The Construction Administrator will be the key contact with the client, contractor, and consultants during this phase.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the field of Architectural Contract Administration
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of architectural principles, practices, and procedures to complete assignments with originality and ingenuity
- Effective use of standard techniques, independent judgment in the evaluation, and strong problem solving
- Strong computer, written, and verbal communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, PowerPoint, Excel, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- NYCHA a plus
- Ensures new construction and renovation projects are carried out according to plans and specifications, monitors compliance with building standards and codes, safety code compliance, environmental regulations, and other state, federal, and local regulations
- Investigates project delays and determines current and future needs to ensure projects are completed as necessary
- Evaluates and recommends approval for construction change orders and researches construction issues to determine their practicality and economic feasibility
- Assists in coordinating the activities of architectural firms, engineering firms, geotechnical consultants, surveyors, material testing firms, and general contractors, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing contractors
- Inspects project sites to monitor construction in progress, conducting final inspections, generating punch lists, and recommending acceptance of the completed project
- Ensures the appropriate documentation is created to support each project and the necessary auditing update entries are made to the documentation, and reviews appropriate documentation for accuracy and timeliness
- Collaborates with the construction procurement manager in the preparation and maintenance of administrative records of construction contracts, contract transactions, required submittals, requests for information, and change orders
*Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SLM Architecture P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by applicable law. SLM welcomes diversity in the workplace. SLM Architecture, P.C. will make reasonable accommodation in the application process for applicants with disabilities, as required by applicable law. Please contact the Office Manager at the Mineola, NY Office to request accommodations.