SLM Architecture P.C.| Design Solutions Inc. is seeking a Quality Control Architect to work in our Mineola, NY Office. Candidates must have at least 15 years of full-time experience with multi-family residential, new construction, and rehabilitation projects. Responsible for managing all aspects of projects in construction and closeout phases, including attending construction meetings, reviewing field conditions and preparation of Architects Field Reports, preparation of Architectural Supplemental Instructions, reviewing and responding to RFI’s, reviewing shop drawings, reviewing and evaluating change order requests, preparation, and processing of change orders, coordinating project activities with contractors, user groups and facilities/planning departments, review of contractors project schedule, submittal schedules, review of contractors pay applications for accuracy and payment, and problem-solving on-site issues.
Proficient in AutoCAD (latest version) a must, Revit experience a plus and highly recommended. Advanced knowledge of building codes, a full understanding of Addenda and Construction Change Directive procedures. Experience in NYCHA housing and/or Place of Worship architecture is preferred.
- Support the project design process through clear and timely conveyance of the firm’s quality philosophy and its relationship to the overall project and firm objectives.
- Implement Redi-check system for drawings review
- Review construction drawings for coordination of disciplines.
- Maintain a procedure for periodic and timely review of construction drawings.
- Develop and maintain historical information relative to previous project problem areas and instruct technical staff as to future avoidance.
- When assisting more senior staff, this individual’s role is to provide a second pair of eyes to help ensure that nothing has been missed or determine if further clarifications or details are required.
- Guide team members on how and what to detail and review those drawings to ensure constructability.
- Integration of office-generated standards with specific Construction Document preparation.
- Assume and perform tasks with strong organization and quality control record-keeping skills.
- Implement set project standards for document implementation by team members.
- Plan / organize and prepare and lead individual and small group meetings in advance of the task to implement document revisions updates in an efficient manner.
- Exercise and Promote a working system during document preparation to not just fix current problems but seek an approach that prevents recurrences and that improves quality.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SLM Architecture P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by applicable law. SLM welcomes diversity in the workplace. SLM Architecture, P.C. will make reasonable accommodation in the application process for applicants with disabilities, as required by applicable law. Please contact the Office Manager at the Mineola, NY Office to request accommodations.