SLM Architecture P.C.| Design Solutions Inc. is seeking a Structural Masonry Inspector Architect to work in our Mineola, NY location. Candidates must have at least 10 years of full-time experience with multi-family residential, new construction, and rehabilitation projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to Looking for cracks and other problems with a building’s foundation, floor, walls, ceiling, and roof. Your goal is to identify structural issues associated with aging or perhaps poor installation. The inspector’s job is to be objective and to assess the health of the property from its foundation to the roof to determine if retrofit work is needed.
Must be dependable and can handle multiple projects at once efficiently and in a timely manner. Able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment supervised or independently.
If you’re afraid of COVID-19 don’t apply for this job. You will go into apartments and could possibly be exposed.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 10 Hour OSHA Confined Space permit (Required)
- *Passed the ICC Structural Masonry Special Inspector Examination (Required)
- Minimum 10 years of experience inspecting structural construction work
- Observation, monitoring, and testing for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ability to read plans and specifications with inspection duties and requirements.
- Knowledge of the NYC Building Code and AWS Standards
- Ability to clearly write daily field reports and discrepancy reports
*Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SLM Architecture P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by applicable law. SLM welcomes diversity in the workplace. SLM Architecture, P.C. will make reasonable accommodation in the application process for applicants with disabilities, as required by applicable law. Please contact the Office Manager at the Mineola, NY Office to request accommodations.