SLM Architecture P.C.| Design Solutions Inc. is seeking a Sustainability Architect to work in our Mineola, NY location. Candidates must have at least 10 years of full-time experience with multi-family residential, new construction, and rehabilitation projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to facilitating and integrating sustainable strategies and technologies into project goals, priorities, and project deliverables. Must be capable of clear communication among team members, sub-consultants, and clients for sustainable design projects. Responsible for monitoring and documenting project progress of sustainable strategies/technologies and all appropriate reporting and communications. Must be dependable and can handle multiple projects at once efficiently and in a timely manner. Able to work in a fast-paced challenging environment supervised or independently.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Design or Planning
- Proficiency with EnergyPlus, or similar energy modeling tools
- LEED accredited preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience which reflects increasing responsibility in all phases of design/technical architecture and/or engineering
- Knowledge of the basics of operational and embodied carbon
- Knowledge of the basics of heat transfer and how it impacts envelope design
- Demonstrated knowledge of sustainable and green building design and/or construction
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the LEED Green Building Rating System and/or other green building rating systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform independent research on environmentally preferred alternative materials and sustainable strategies for building design, construction, and operation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and commitment to work within the integrated design team structure.
- Demonstrated experience with building simulation tools such as EnergyPlus, IES, Radiance, Diva, Virtual Environment, Athena, Tally, and One Click.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, PowerPoint, Excel, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- BIM experience preferable (Revit Digital Projects and Rhino).
- Create compelling sustainability stories with strong graphic skills in presentations, books, and other printed media
- Performs calculation to assess the applicability of renewable technologies and relative energy yields
- Remains current on energy and carbon savings technologies and renewable sources
- Remains current on issues related to sustainable and green building design, US Green Building activities and various versions of the LEED Green Building Rating System
- Remains current on the development of new sustainability rating systems
- Prepares sustainability presentations and written reports
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
SLM Architecture P.C. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status (except where certain characteristics are essential bona fide occupational requirements or where a disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification), as required by applicable law. SLM welcomes diversity in the workplace. SLM Architecture, P.C. will make reasonable accommodation in the application process for applicants with disabilities, as required by applicable law. Please contact the Office Manager at the Mineola, NY Office to request accommodations.
Send resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining your compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainability Architect Position
SLM is committed to continual professional development for the benefit of the client, the project, and the community by providing: